Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUDOKAN
11-11-2008, 03:04 AM,
RE: BUDOKAN
JUST WANTED TO SAY ENJOY EVERYONE !!!!!!!!! Big Grin AN TRY AN TEAR YOURSELVES AWAY LONG ENOUGH TO COME GIVE THOSE OF US THAT WONT HAVE IT A FEW WORDS ON WHAT WE MISSIN Big Grin ....... guess this bit of the board is gonna get just a little busy these next few days eh :p have fun everyone Big Grin
11-11-2008, 08:31 PM,

I'll let you know tomorrow!

Pre-ordered mine on FYE.com ($36) to get the signed poster and the mail isn't delivering Tuesday, Veteran's Day. Hoping it's dropped off Wednesday!

Then I can tell you if it's everything we think it's gonna be!

Woohoo! "Ro-beeen!!" luv it.

CB4CT
See'em live, and repeat after me: Cheap Trick were, are and forever shall be the f**king business!! - Rolling Stone '96
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM,

Just watched the DVD this afternoon and really loved it. My first thought- Cheap Trick's music is really timeless- 30 years ago is a long time, yet there is nothing "oldies" about them.
Seeing the video finally in full rather than little excerpts is seeing history unfold.
Watching the bonus tracks made me think how awesome it is that this band has kept making music all through the years. The interviews were cool to watch but of course I wish it was longer- like on Silver.
I haven't had the chance to listen to the CD's yet. Also included is a poster of the cover & a nice little booklet with tons of pictures & the text written by Ken Sharp. Just love this & am happy to finally see this concert on DVD.
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
11-11-2008, 08:42 PM,

CB4CT Wrote:I'll let you know tomorrow!

Pre-ordered mine on FYE.com ($36) to get the signed poster and the mail isn't delivering Tuesday, Veteran's Day. Hoping it's dropped off Wednesday!

Then I can tell you if it's everything we think it's gonna be!

Woohoo! "Ro-beeen!!" luv it.

CB4CT
If you ordered it with the free shipping, it might take a couple weeks.
11-12-2008, 12:47 AM,

Pre-ordered mine on FYE.com ($36) to get the signed poster>>

Sorry, it's probably right in front of me, but is the signed poster only if you pre ordered it? I'm not seeing anything about a signed poster on this website or Amazon.
11-12-2008, 12:19 PM,

got mine today at best buy for 30.00. all i can say is wow!!! i love the booklet that came with it and the poater looks cool in my basement next to my rockford poster. i love the interviews they did.
thank you cheap trick
oh yeah my wife says robin looks hottttttttter than ever lol
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM,

Just picked mine up at Best Buy on the way in to work this morning. Can't wait to get home and view it.

Best Buy did not have it out on the shelves. A very nice lady (looked like a manager) asked if I was finding everything okay. I explained I wasn't and what I was looking for. She agreed I looked in all the right places, then went over to her computer and verified they had indeed received two copies in. So she sent someone to the back and he found them. Obviously I took one of them and they placed the other on the shelf. Hopefully that makes it easier now for the next person goiong into that particular location to buy it.
Always looking for CT guitar picks and drumsticks I don't already have.
Trick's Picks
11-13-2008, 02:18 AM,

Got mine at best buy walked in and there was 3 copys on the new release table 29.99.....thank you cheap trick for releaseing this legendary concert on dvd for all us fans .....can't wait for the new cd and all the other great new releases on the way .
11-13-2008, 10:26 AM,

wow wow wow this is a awsome dvd they sure are timeless , and robin still sounds the same as he did 30 years ago... my four year old granddaughter wants to go see them now lol she danced and rocked out the whole time.. I wonder if robin can still move like that ,,hmmm last few shows i attened he didnt ..
nancy snyder
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM,

All I've read on amazon.com is about how poorly the discs are packaged, with scratched discs on arrival. Has anyone experienced this? I ordered mine a day before release from amazon for $36 and free shipping- estimated arrival is a week from today. I can wait- I've had the "unofficial" DVD for a couple years now :p
"Just like the trees, you grow- you die.
No one pretends to know just why."
11-13-2008, 12:34 PM,

dreampolice65 Wrote:All I've read on amazon.com is about how poorly the discs are packaged, with scratched discs on arrival. Has anyone experienced this? I ordered mine a day before release from amazon for $36 and free shipping- estimated arrival is a week from today. I can wait- I've had the "unofficial" DVD for a couple years now :p
it is a very nice package indeed, no worries
long live cheap trick
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM,

OMG - I finally opened the dvd package - best birthday present ever!! The whole packaging is beautiful - I held it like a treasured book. The photo booklet is gorgeous with great commentary by Ken Sharp. The poster is cool. And the dvd, oh my gosh! I finally sat down down tonight and with the beautiful checkerboard scarf my daughter gave me for my birthday, I sat back and just stared at my TV - what beautiful, crystal clear video, awesome sound. I happen to have that bootleg of the Budokan concert and it pales in comparison. I was mesmerized again by this concert, loved seeing "Voices" from this year's Budokan concert (would love to see that whole concert!), and loved the "looking back" segment with the guys commenting on the whole Budokan '78 experience.

The only thing that could have made the dvd better for me, would have been watching it on a movie or IMAX screen, or even a large flat screen TV, and I wish the "looking back" segment had been much longer. It's a rare opportunity to see the guys talking (I don't want to say interview, because it wasn't that) and 14 minutes and 40 seconds is just not enough. I could watch them talking about anything for 2 hours.

This would make a great present for someone who may not be the ardent fan that most of us are, as I think it would rekindle their interest in the band. Bravo to all involved in this production. It's superb!! :love: Cool
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
11-13-2008, 08:52 PM,

Maria, Great Review!!!!

I ordered mine during my lunch hour at work today! Cant wait to watch ,listen and enjoy!! Also trying to figure out where to put the poster... Umm do you think hubby will mind having it displayed very proudly in our bedroom???? :p Blush

I guess I can call this a Very Merry , Very Early Christmas gift to me!!!

I am sure I will not be disappointed!!
As if those Boys would ever let us fans down!!!

Melissa
Rick: Robin ,You're all sweaty."
Robin: It's just the way the shirt looks..."
11-13-2008, 09:34 PM,

Melissa J - so long as you're not thinking of putting it on the ceiling - I think you get a pass.... bwahahahaha (I'm sorry - that was wrong). ???
~
Ive got a feeling
Im going to get a lot of grief
Once this seemed so appealing
Now I am beyond belief
11-13-2008, 09:56 PM,

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Ordered it on amazon. Free shipping, plus signed up for an amazon credit card which they then credit $30 on your first purchase, and then we just got a notice they are crediting more $ because of a 'low price guarantee', can't wait to see what we actually end up paying for it. I'll try to be patient while I wait. It might be a cool thing to have for the drive down to Clearwater next week.

But why I was really responding to this thread, since I don't have a review yet, was because of something froggie said. Something I thought of earlier today when I saw yet another tv ad for someone else's now Christmas cd....WTF is wrong with the advertising execs when it comes to anything CT related? I got Journeys, AC/DC's and now plenty of others' cd ads shoved down my throat when that stuff was released. I can not believe that there wasn't a bigger deal made out of the reissue of this historic show. Holidays coming up...could have been "better promoted", but that is an exaggeration...how about just "promoted".

When you think of all those that owned Budokan 'back in the day'...I, too, think they would like the opportunity to get reaquainted with the updated version of what was kind of a 'must have' back then. I'm sure most didn't even know there was a Budokan II, let alone this release. It's too bad. IMO, that's the generation/target audience that is more apt to buy this type of package instead of looking for a download of a current single or something. But, how would they even know about it? Certainly not when Best Buy finally drags their 2 copies out of the storeroom.

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!