Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHEAP TRICK SUMMER TOUR WITH DEF LEPPARD & POISON
02-26-2009, 06:12 PM,

ALRIGHT! CT IN VA ON 7/12! YES!!! Plus with Def Leppard and Poison, this is a dream come true show!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Cheap Trick = Great Music!
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM,

My little girl has been begging me to take her to a CT show, but I guess it won't be this summer. I don't think I can subject her to Poison. Darn!

But on the good side, my best friend lives in KC so I definitely see a road trip in my future.
02-26-2009, 06:50 PM,

I think this show is more of a triple headliner. Who cares if CT is first or last? They are playing, and I for one am happy about that. The bands are friends (from what I read from other posts) and they agreed to the set on who plays when, and we should respect that. I do. Yes, I would like to see CT do a 3 hour concert, but I will see them no matter who they tour with. I like all 3 bands, and for me and a few of my friends, this is going to be a great show.

Last year CT was on first and the place (Nissan Pavilion) was 95% full when they went on. Nissan holds 20,000 people. This speaks greatly about CT. Usually when the opening band comes on, the place is about half full. So, CT doesn't need to be a headliner, people will be there to see them regardless as to whether they are first or last. CT always has been and always will be my fav band. Rock on, Guys!!
Cheap Trick = Great Music!
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM,

Cheap Trick enhances resume by opening for Poison. Great. As if being the opening act for Heart and Journey couldn't be humiliating enough. I guess if there is s brightside, this pretty much nixes the Vegas stint (for now). I guess either way, they lose (from a reputation standpoint). Next year, it'll be a summer tour with Meatloaf or a triple bill with Cinderella and Dokken.

This not the way to earn a spot in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame.
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM,

Yeah, that's how I feel. I wouldn't mind seeing Def Leppard. But I'd pay $15, tops. If Trick is still playing corndog fests, you can see them for free, and for a whopping 70 minutes. God, I hope nobody is paying $100 for 40 minutes of Cheap Trick. I guess the band will do anything to help put food on the table. Even if it means, dare I say, touring with Eddie Money. Or Poison. Or Heart.
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM,

Where in Milwaukee will they be - Marcus Amp or Bradley or ??

I will not go to Tinley Park. Not sure if I'm that interested at all for this one. I'm happy with one show per year, and have many many other bands I want to see this year. I can't financially justify paying the money to see just one of the bands - no matter who ... especially in very abbreviated fashion.
Hello, it's me again .....
02-26-2009, 08:06 PM,

I look at it this way...the tour doesn't start UNTIL JUNE 23.
There's still March, April, May, and half of June for CT to tour.
Get a grip people Big Grin
"You're Takin' Me Back"
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM,

vader Wrote:Cheap Trick enhances resume by opening for Poison. Great. As if being the opening act for Heart and Journey couldn't be humiliating enough. I guess if there is s brightside, this pretty much nixes the Vegas stint (for now). I guess either way, they lose (from a reputation standpoint). Next year, it'll be a summer tour with Meatloaf or a triple bill with Cinderella and Dokken.

This not the way to earn a spot in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame.
So, playing at venues like Jones Beach and the PNC Arts Center is humiliating...but playing at the Cowdung County Fair adjacent to the pickle-judging contest isn't??
02-26-2009, 08:22 PM,

Dawn9 Wrote:I look at it this way...the tour doesn't start UNTIL JUNE 23.
There's still March, April, May, and half of June for CT to tour.
Get a grip people Big Grin
Good point. And while we're on the subject, no one said anything about the Vegas stint happening or not happening.
02-26-2009, 09:07 PM,

wow this is cool july 3rd saratoga ct,poison,def lepp,then the next night at the same venue styx,reo,and 38 special.thank god i am close to spac
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM,

Tigerbomb Wrote:Yeah, I'm sure this will be a good time for the band. And they've definately earned the right to do whatever they want. But I'm not interested.

Whatever they are going to charge will be too much to go see CT play "I Want You to Want Me," "Surrender," "The Flame," "That 70's Song," "Dream Police," and two or three other songs at 6:00 p.m. while it's still light out.

I'll just hold out for the next real Cheap Trick show, hopefuly in the fall sometime.
I agree fully.
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM,

Well, I'm not thrilled about Poison, or Def Leppard...but the shows at PNC and Jones beach are on Wednesdays, that's a late day for me at work! There's no way I'd get there on time!
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

02-26-2009, 09:22 PM,

Got home from overtime.

Saw the tour dates, then actually read the Headline. Rumors were true about a triple bill. While I enjoy Dep Lep's tunes when I occasionally hear them, Poison? Same show as CT? The style and genre are totally off. Maybe Poison, Skid Row and Whitesnake. Or Cinderella. or Ratt. ick

Gotta go think about this and do my yoga for tonite.

(But if I do go - Auffie! let's meet up!) LOL

CB4CT
See'em live, and repeat after me: Cheap Trick were, are and forever shall be the f**king business!! - Rolling Stone '96
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM,

ZIZI1966 Wrote:Well, I'm not thrilled about Poison, or Def Leppard...but the shows at PNC and Jones beach are on Wednesdays, that's a late day for me at work! There's no way I'd get there on time!
PNC crossed my mind, but getting there from Manhattan via public trans seems like a hassle. Especially since it's in the middle of the week.
-----------------------------
Life is oh so much better when you're looking forward to seeing Cheap Trick!

"Haaaay, it's me again"
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM,

dear poison: take some mind altering d***s and realize that you suck, and you should let your god, cheap trick play in your spot. joe smeeliot, and my sister- oh, i mean chick savage are cheap tricks jock straps. that is all for now
long live cheap trick