Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Reckon It's a Winner , any other thoughts ?? - short song preview available on Amazon
06-06-2009, 08:26 PM,
RE: I Reckon It's a Winner , any other thoughts ?? - short song preview available on Amazon
I have had the previews playing continuously for the past hour or so , it's definitely , as we say in the part of the world I am from .... a BALLTEARER,,,, btw , that's a good thing :-)

The songs as we have come to expect vary and I reckon enhance Mr. Zander's reputation even more .
If I didn't know it was a CT cd , I wouldn't have picked Robin straight away as the singer on the first song (Sleep Forever) .

You only get about 10 seconds of each song , but it does sound GREAT.........

Some of the production reminds me of NPP era , but I loved that CD :-) so it's all good. It does sound fresh , which is what the boys deserve ...........let's hope it catches the public's attention.

I'm looking forward to reading what others think from the snippets available.

I hope this works

http://www.amazon.com/gp....sr=8-10

if that doesn't work , just go hunting in amazon.com .

Heeza
(proudly representing Aussie fans where and whenever possible for over 30 years)

1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif rockon.png.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_aaargh.gif
HeezaHore (aka Aussie Steve )
(proudly representing Aussie fans where and whenever possible for over 35 years)
06-06-2009, 10:01 PM,

bad little girl----
06-06-2009, 10:28 PM,

Definitely sounds like a keeper here. icon_sunny.gif
It's not the same anymore, let's face it we've changed...
06-06-2009, 10:29 PM,

I'm blown away....Robin's voice on "Sleep Forever" is amazing....absolutely beautiful. From what I heard this is going to be a very good one. icon_thumleft.gif
06-06-2009, 10:58 PM,

I listened to all the track clips. I will hold off on a final opinion until I get the CD. My initial impression is this might be one of their worst CDs. I'm a huge fan, but this is such a disappointment after Rockford. Way too many ballads. I hope I am wrong and am able to give a good review after I hear the complete disc. But at least I can say I'm glad I didn't pay for rush shipping. The best song on this CD might be one that they didn't write...
Are we really the Dream Police...
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM,

I think sounds great. What the heck is everyone complaining about?

I love how they recycled the Pepsi song. The Red Ant Demos continue to reveal the future...
06-06-2009, 11:13 PM,

well i listened to it, so far theres way to many slow songs.its not what i was exspecting at all. i quess i will give my thoughts when i hear the whole cd but so far im not impressed and i am a life long fan!!
06-06-2009, 11:18 PM,

i do like everyday u make me crazy. kinda makes me want my money back. but who knows some cheap trick tunes have to grow on u lol.there still the best band out there.
06-06-2009, 11:32 PM,

I absolutely love what I'm hearing so far. Great work guys!!

'Sleep Forever' ... :love: ... what can I say about Robin's singing ... mind blowing and this really got the gooesbumps up.

'Miss Tomorrow' ... a real happy sing-a-long song ... and love the arrangements.

'Everyday You Make Me Crazy' ... another good one icon_thumleft.gif and also 'Alive'.

To me its a bloody ripper!!! ... thanks for posting the link Steve Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
06-06-2009, 11:34 PM,

Sleep Forever is strange for an opener. Would have made a nice closing song.
Love between the ugly is the most beautiful love of all. -Todd Rundgren
06-06-2009, 11:38 PM,

cheapherk Wrote:Sleep Forever is strange for an opener. Would have made a nice closing song.
Its a different way to open for a change ... why stick to the 'norm' Big Grin
debj1111@bigpond.com

06-06-2009, 11:42 PM,

vader Wrote:Ah man. What a letdown. In Special One proportions. Every other song is a ballad. What the hell is with that maudlin opening number? YUCK. Not a way to start an album. Even some of the rocking songs are not that great. I hope these 30 second bytes don't do justice to the album. What I hear is pretty limp. Sleepy

Give it a go guys and don't jump your guns!!! Don't judge a song by a '30 sec' snippet ... uh!! Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

06-07-2009, 12:00 AM,

30 seconds of the clip and you guys want to slit your wrists. I tell ya, you guys are too much (no pun). Their songs are always full of twist and turns and tempo changes.
What I am hearing is a very John Lennon feeling on a lot of the songs. Which is not a bad thing.
The production from what I have heard on 30 second clips is amazing by the way
06-07-2009, 12:00 AM,

I'm definitely going to give it a go. I love these guys! Their music has been one of the best parts of my life. Tons of great memories. This topic was to give our initial impressions from songs clips. So my opinion was based on clips. I hope the full songs change my opinion. But I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for this CD, unfortunately.
Are we really the Dream Police...
06-07-2009, 12:12 AM,

vader Wrote:Ah man. What a letdown. In Special One proportions. Every other song is a ballad. What the hell is with that maudlin opening number? YUCK. Not a way to start an album. Even some of the rocking songs are not that great. I hope these 30 second bytes don't do justice to the album. What I hear is pretty limp. Sleepy
Vader you called it, you said the opener would be like a lullabye..from what I hear Robin's voice has a Bono feel. Very atmospheric at least for 30seconds of what I have heard