Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Reckon It's a Winner , any other thoughts ?? - short song preview available on Amazon
06-07-2009, 01:40 AM,

I'm sick of all the "Negative Nancy's" on this board. You have to remember that the guys are in their 60's now, so you guys should act more grateful and be thankful that they are still putting out albums and touring, and more frequently so than their counterparts like AC/DC. A new album from CT is a blessing. They should be retired and enjoying the fruits of their labor. They DON'T HAVE TO put out a new album! They do it because they want to. And besides, you can't expect them to put out an album of hard-rocking up-tempo songs because they aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. They've mellowed out a little, whether you like it or not. I think they write ballads really well, I'll take any new ballad over "The Flame" any day.

I'm done ranting...
06-07-2009, 03:29 AM,

insomniac186 Wrote:I'm sick of all the "Negative Nancy's" on this board.
Yeah, they are out in force again :laugh:

Unfortunately I can see where this thread is leading to ... a biffo!!!! icon_aaargh.gif
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
06-07-2009, 03:56 AM,

CHEAP & TRICKY IN AUSTRALIA Wrote:

Unfortunately I can see where this thread is leading to ... a biffo!!!! icon_aaargh.gif
Hey, let just people be honest. If You don't like it, say it. And vice versa. I'm glad CT fans in general are not like Kiss fans (which I am too), like sheep. Just because it's CT, and their new album it does not automatically mean it's "great".
In a way, why complain on the negative people? It makes
You a complainer too.
I have not heard the clips, so I have no opinion on the songs, but I would lose interest very quickly if I knew ALL comments about it would be just "great" "awesome" etc etc. I'm glad to read peoples opinions, good and bad, and when I get the full CD, I can make up my own mind, with all honest comments from here in mind. Thanks a lot, keep reviewing! Smile
06-07-2009, 04:56 AM,

Thanks for the link Steve.

I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious when I reflect that we all have our personal opinions, that none is more valid than another and no doubt we'll all differ. Some wanted the album to sound like Metallica, others wanted it to sound like the Beatles, some wanted it to sound like neither. In my opinion, for what it's worth, these snippets do sound very Beatle-ish.

Much like "Rockford", a lot of these tracks are re-workings of the demos that many of us had heard before, but I'm quite happy that they aren't too proud to resurrect a decent idea and build on it.

No, it's not a balls to the wall heavy rockin' album but I'm looking forward to it. I think we all know that we're pretty lucky the guys are still out there doing it, and still doing it pretty damn well. In my opinion.
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM,

cheapherk Wrote:Sleep Forever is strange for an opener. Would have made a nice closing song.
Beautiful song. Now I know what to have played at my funeral.... Not just yet though.
06-07-2009, 07:11 AM,

Mike Hayes Wrote:
cheapherk Wrote:Sleep Forever is strange for an opener. Would have made a nice closing song.
Beautiful song. Now I know what to have played at my funeral.... Not just yet though.
I'm having Goodnight. Big Grin

Good night now ladies and gentlemen
Good night now ladies and gents.
That's the end of the show, now it's time to go
06-07-2009, 07:33 AM,

well have to confess first listen i thought hmmmm a lot of ballady type ones ..... an didnt think it was gonna be as good as rockford ........ BUT on a second listen it was sounding better ........ an just squeezing a third listen in before dashin off to work and sounding better again .......... think its definately gonna be a case of the more you listen the better it gets here ...... an actualy quite liking it now Big Grin
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM,

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm interesting , and also a bit predictable.

as with EVERY new release ( from any artist ) there will and should be wide ranging opinions.

I reckon the ones that "get it " seem to be the ones that are listening several times and letting the snippets work their way into your mind for proper digestion ..(of course that doesn't always guarantee a positive result).. this always works for me. The immediate "chew and spit" method , well .... nevermind.

I still reckon this will be considered one of Cheap Trick better releases with the luxury of time.

To those that send a "nod" for the link , you guys are very welcome , we are all CT fans serving other CT fans :-)

to Mike H , good choice for the song's use , but yeah , hang around until that song is considered "classic rock oldie" before popping off Big Grin

I reckon this thread will continue to make really interesting reading until this song collection actually hits our various methods of playing .......... 8 track .... love that , just wished I actually had ever owned a player LOL
HeezaHore (aka Aussie Steve )
(proudly representing Aussie fans where and whenever possible for over 35 years)
06-07-2009, 08:26 AM,

CHEAP & TRICKY IN AUSTRALIA Wrote:

aaaaaaaaaaahhh ya gotta love a bit of BIFFO

as long as it's done the Aussie way , a bit of swearing ,some punches thrown (mostly air swings), a bit of blood , then off to the pub to discuss more important things .... like ... what really are the chances either Def Lepp or Poison could put out this good a cd :p uh oh ........... duck , more biffo LOL
HeezaHore (aka Aussie Steve )
(proudly representing Aussie fans where and whenever possible for over 35 years)
06-07-2009, 08:30 AM,

HeezaHore Wrote:.......... 8 track .... love that , just wished I actually had ever owned a player LOL

Check your local thrift stores...and if you you can't find one there, there are several listed on Ebay. I'm thinking about ordering one of these myself....I really like that old Realistic portable with am/fm...
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM,

Haven't listened to the 30 second appetizers yet, but I will say that there is nothing worse (to me) than pages on top of pages of gushing before I hear something for myself. (same with movies) I then expect too much and fall for a letdown. Hate to say this, but this happened to me with Rockford, which I was always more than terrified to say on this board that I didn't care for. Maybe I will like this one ! Only thing I don't want to see the band to do is go off in the direction of trying to be more Beatle-y than they already sound. What they've had in the past as far as a Lennon sound is perfect. Any more than that might encourage outsiders to think they are "just trying to sound like the Beatles." I'll give it a fair listen when I recieve it - and not with swollen shippng prices - and try not to let the gushing over Sick Man of Europe affect my opinion / or the negative comments, which by the way are legal.

Yeah, I'm done.....haven't even had my morning coffee yet and there's no lumps in my oatmeal, so maybe it's just this poor excuse for summer we're having here that's got my panties in a knot. icon_aaargh.gif Big Grin
Hello, it's me again .....
06-07-2009, 08:53 AM,

Well you know those short snippets can be deceiving sometimes....a song may start with a slow tempo and then a bit later the tempo gets much faster....we will find out shortly if that may be the case.
06-07-2009, 08:54 AM,

HeezaHore Wrote:Unfortunately I can see where this thread is leading to ... a biffo!!!! icon_aaargh.gif

aaaaaaaaaaahhh ya gotta love a bit of BIFFO

as long as it's done the Aussie way , a bit of swearing ,some punches thrown (mostly air swings), a bit of blood , then off to the pub to discuss more important things .... like ... what really are the chances either Def Lepp or Poison could put out this good a cd :p uh oh ........... duck , more biffo LOL
You crack me up Steve ... :laugh: :laugh:
debj1111@bigpond.com

06-07-2009, 09:03 AM,

Well Sick Man is Awsome and as we know, it is not the standard for the whole album. I personnally think Special One is their best Latest release, and Rockford was a let down. Over the years I have learned to love them for the immense talent, and consider them four of the greatest Rockers to ever grave vinyl. And yes I will be buying it and I'm sure I will listen to it and so wow, these guys are the best, even though it might not be my personal first taste. After all people this is Cheap Trick definitly the greatest four guys we alll LOVE.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
06-07-2009, 09:06 AM,

vader Wrote:I'm going to bed. And when I wake in the morning, this all was just a bad dream..
Sweet dreams Vader ... Sleepy Big Grin
debj1111@bigpond.com