Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last time you heard ct on the radio - Too long?
11-08-2004, 11:00 PM,

Mandycello Wrote:We're pretty lucky in the D/FW area having a station that plays CT pretty frequently. The station is called 93.3 The Bone. Not only do they play the big 3 on a regular basis, they also have "Stop This Game", "Big Eyes", "She's Tight", "Hello There", "IYWML", and "Gonna Raise Hell" in the library. It makes me smile to hear any of those songs hoping other people are hearing them and loving them too.
Yes and just heard Surrender when the alarm went off this morning on the Bone.

By the way, lovely picture of Robin and his guns for your avatar, Mandycello!

:p
Kathy's all right, Johnny's all right, we're all all right
Texas Tricks
11-08-2004, 11:04 PM,

And I would like everyone to take a look at 2trickster's avatar. She designed and created that very cool Texas CT logo.
11-08-2004, 11:38 PM,

I wanted to share Robin's guns with others, 2Tricksters/Kathy! They are good for me too!!! Big Grin

And Alliwannadoisct/Lisa, is right....your avatar is most excellent!
~ If I could have what I want, I'll just want what I've got ~
11-09-2004, 10:37 AM,

Let's see.......a while back I heard Mandocello on a station who's letters I do not recall.

I also heard Surrender and IWYTWM yesterday on "The Brew, 97.3" in Milwaukee, WI. And they played Dream Police on my way to work the other day. They play CT every day! Life is great! Big Grin
There is somewhere, someplace in the world
I want to take you, look out.....

http://countrygirl3ct.tripod.com/ (Tricknic website)
11-09-2004, 06:21 PM,

i hear iwytwm, surrender, and dream police from time to time on "95.5 klos in los angeles, ca. i heard scent of a women on "xm radio". i heard say goodbye in ne. and parts of the midwest states when i was visiting. i was disappointed when they didn't play say goodbye in l.a. ct '97 is argueably one of the best kept secrets from radio. at least they get some play even if it is just the old material.
11-09-2004, 09:46 PM,

WAAF in Boston are playing Velvet Revolver's cover of Surrender alot these past couple of days.
O&A PARTY ROCK XM202

11-10-2004, 08:11 PM,

IWYTWM on 96.9 again today here in VA

Not too shabby...twice in one week
:p
"Everyone has a photographic memory.
Some just don't have film."
11-10-2004, 11:57 PM,

Like I wrote in another post. Cheap Trick is almost completely ignored on big corporate radio because they are not on a big major label. You can request them to play the new stuff until you're blue in the face but it ain't gonna happen.

Here's Why http://dir.salon.com/ent/feature/2001/03...index.html
11-11-2004, 10:56 PM,

Since my work commute is so short , I hear one , maybe two songs , each way . Longer trips , I load up the cd-changer . But when I forget that , I prefer the stations that would most likely play CT and other bands from the 70's and 80's mostly , with better 90's stuff thrown in .
11-12-2004, 01:05 AM,

I don't listen to the radio much, but I can recall hearing Cheap Trick twice on the radio in my life. The first time was IWYTWM (live) while hanging out in a parked car with some friends of mine, and the other was "My Obsession" while driving through a mountainous area of Virginia. Odd combination, huh?

Ian
11-12-2004, 02:12 AM,

I hear Cheap Trick at least a couple of times a week on 107.7--The Bone, broadcasting out of SF CA
all the days in front of us, won't be left behind
11-12-2004, 05:00 PM,

I barely hear them...and if I do it's always the same 3 songs over and over. That's why I opt for WCTR at work...and cd's at home and in the car Big Grin
FREE THE WM3!

http://www.wm3.org
11-13-2004, 03:59 PM,

I was on my way to class this morning and heard "Too Much" on the XM channel The Boneyard. Put me in a great mood for the test I had to take! Big Grin
-Charlene-
11-13-2004, 10:52 PM,

I was happy to hear Ain't That A Shame while listening in central Wisconsin this morning on WRLO Antigo, Crandon, & Rhinelander. After the song, the deejay made a point of saying that Cheap Trick was fronted by the extremely talented and witty Robin Zander. I hope that there's an opportunity to see this talented and witty individual at a show sometime in 2005. Thanks CT!
It's not the same anymore, let's face it we've changed...
11-15-2004, 10:58 AM,

I heard "How Are You?" yesterday about 3 pm on WXRT.
Charter Member: Hamers R 4 Girls Club (Local 12 VTSU)