Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Garden Critters Thread
01-19-2010, 09:44 PM,

cheapdate Wrote:Our local lake has an island in the middle of it. In Spring, we have Blue Heron that form nesting colonies there. As nice as that is, I am still suspicious that they could be the culprits of the fish kill in my little pond last Spring. I lost 3 goldfish, aged 7 to 10 yrs. old. The oldest was about 13 " long. That was a sad morning. (But I'm not sure, just suspicious.)

Blue Heron
That was devastating, I remember! Didn't the culprit leave parts of the fish behind? I remember thinking that it might have been a raccoon, fox or heron. Maybe even a cat? Did you talk with a wildlife expert?
Heron raided a neighbors fish pond. They now have a fake owl and netting; I think that's working for them.
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM,

OK this is the bird quilt I was working on, hope the customer likes it.
bird quilt
A Cheap Trick blanket, that will keep you warm.
01-21-2010, 09:30 AM,

That is totally beautiful, Kristyn. I am again amazed by your talent.
01-21-2010, 11:16 AM,

penguingirl Wrote:That is totally beautiful, Kristyn. I am again amazed by your talent.
I concur: truly beautiful! Smile :love:
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM,

kebmpq Wrote:OK this is the bird quilt I was working on, hope the customer likes it.
bird quilt
Amazing. icon_thumleft.gif
01-21-2010, 12:28 PM,

Thanks guys! Next I will be working on my Sgt. Pepper's quilt for the guys for Feb.
A Cheap Trick blanket, that will keep you warm.
01-21-2010, 12:51 PM,

kebmpq Wrote:OK this is the bird quilt I was working on, hope the customer likes it.
bird quilt
I absolutely love that ! Reminds me of my pines in the backyard. icon_thumleft.gif
Hello, it's me again .....
01-21-2010, 10:22 PM,

Winter:
Cardinals
Juncos
Sparrows
Starlings
Bluejays
Woodpeckers
Chickadees

Spring/Summer:
Robins
Sparrows
Wrens
Bluebirds
Blackbirds
Hummingbirds
Golden & Purple Finches
Chickadees
Doves
Cardinals
Bluejays

We have squirrels all year long...black, red, grey, and albinos.

We have a "squirrel box" to feed them, we feed them raw shelled peanuts. I also make homemade suet cakes.
In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial sentimentalities, amicable, philosophical and psychological observations...beware of platitude misponderosities!
01-23-2010, 04:25 AM,

Just had the 23rd different species of bird this winter a Tree Creeper. icon_thumleft.gif
01-23-2010, 04:24 PM,

Darran Wrote:Just had the 23rd different species of bird this winter a Tree Creeper. icon_thumleft.gif
This little guy looks a lot like the House Wren. Wretched little birds, they are.

Darran, do you have more bird varieties at the new home than you did at the other one ?
Hello, it's me again .....
01-23-2010, 04:31 PM,

cheapdate Wrote:
Darran Wrote:Just had the 23rd different species of bird this winter a Tree Creeper. icon_thumleft.gif
This little guy looks a lot like the House Wren. Wretched little birds, they are.

Darran, do you have more bird varieties at the new home than you did at the other one ?
Yes much more,we're backing onto the woods with a small river running through it.
We love it,its one of the best things we've ever done. icon_thumleft.gif
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM,

10 thrushes in the front yard now. we put some seed out on the snow and ice...
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM,

what is little bitty, gray to black on the top and a white belly? we have several of those also.
01-30-2010, 02:20 PM,

I saw my first wild bald eagle while driving not more than an hour from my house. How very cool.
01-30-2010, 02:36 PM,

Voices909 Wrote:I saw my first wild bald eagle while driving not more than an hour from my house. How very cool.
Thats is very cool indeed,we saw a Red Kite flying over a few days ago.