Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 CD'S your listening to... - Your Current Fab Five!
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM,

1. For LP Fans Only - Elvis Presley
2. You Broke My Heart In 17 Places - Tracey Ullman
3. Music For Hangovers - (who else?)
4. Never Mind The Bollocks - Sex Pistols
5. In The City - The Jam
01-30-2011, 07:34 AM,

Jonny Con Carne Wrote:Beatles - Let It Be Naked (love the new versions)
agreed. more often than not i think it's hard to feel sorry for paul but when you read about how JL and PS screwed around with the original lp ... i kinda take his side on this. i still love the original with all the other bits and pieces but what they did in post production was just mean...
01-30-2011, 09:26 AM,

Pachyderm I Wrote:
Jonny Con Carne Wrote:Beatles - Let It Be Naked (love the new versions)
agreed. more often than not i think it's hard to feel sorry for paul but when you read about how JL and PS screwed around with the original lp ... i kinda take his side on this. i still love the original with all the other bits and pieces but what they did in post production was just mean...
Yeah...the new version sounds SO much better. The combination of adding modern technology with the subtraction of the "Wall of Sound" makes a big difference.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"I Want You to ROCK YOUR SPEECH!!!"
01-31-2011, 06:15 PM,

the bass line on i've got a feeling ... sublime.
and apparently JL was playing bass on the original version of the long and winding road and muffed it in a couple of spots. yet they still used that version and added strings without consulting paul.
also paul wasn't on board with using woman singers for background vocals. i guess he took some pride in the boys doing it themselves.