Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Pinball Machine(s) - Synchronize your flippers!
04-15-2011, 08:02 PM,

"Anything can happen in the next...quarter!" Big Grin

1977 Stern "Stingray"
In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial sentimentalities, amicable, philosophical and psychological observations...beware of platitude misponderosities!
06-26-2011, 12:51 PM,

One of the last machines that featured electro-mechanical chimes, before electronic sound;

1978 Stern "Stars"

**Stern Pinball was initially founded in late 1976, when Sam Stern purchased the then-financially troubled Chicago Coin Co. and it became Stern Electronics Inc.. Their first few machines were re-issues of Chicago Coin machines but carrying the "STERN" brand. The company had a highly successful run for almost a decade before it finally folded in 1985.

It re-emerged in the late 90s as "Stern Pinball Inc.", when Sam's son Gary acquired Data East and Sega's pinball divisions.
In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial sentimentalities, amicable, philosophical and psychological observations...beware of platitude misponderosities!
06-26-2011, 12:57 PM,

The Internet Pinball Machine Database.

No need to thank me. Big Grin
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM,

Darran Wrote:The Internet Pinball Machine Database.

No need to thank me. Big Grin
That is one cool site! Cool Cool Cool
07-27-2011, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM by KristenTB4.)
RE: Your Favorite Pinball Machine(s) - Synchronize your flippers!
Even though I've already previously mentioned this game, here it is again in action (Check out the cool sounds!);

1981 Stern Freefall

(Suffice to say, I was able to make a quarter go pretty far on this game!) Smile Big Grin
07-28-2011, 01:20 AM,
Absolute favorite was Williams' "The Black Knight." Read all about this killer game's "firsts" here (first multi-level playing surface, 1st with magna save, first to allow high scorer "extra play" time, etc.):

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=310

WHAT a killer pinball machine. I recall listening to AC/DC's "Back In Black" at full volume on my Walkman while playing this game. (It was kinda hard to do because you wanted to hear all the great sound effects on the machine, but I made it through a few songs at a time before stopping to take in the fury of noise that was Black Knight!! Great game!
02-25-2012, 05:31 PM,
The AC/DC PRO. Tongue
03-17-2012, 02:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 02:51 PM by SallyLovesCheapTrick!.)
I remember a Simpsons pinball game that must have been one of a kind. It was in a Lincolnwood, IL bowling alley (since closed). It was not the normal shape; it was smaller and faced the rectangle the other way. The object was to get across the street while people tried to run you over, mug you, etc. You picked which Simpson you wanted to be. Bart pushed people down while on his skateboard, Lisa hit people with her school books and I think Homer fell into people in a drunken stupor. The only one I rember for sure is Marge - she bopped people on their heads with her purse. I wanted to take it home.
03-24-2012, 11:21 PM,
Gotta say my KISS pinball machine is my favorite game.....
12-08-2013, 05:39 PM,
Stern Pinball Releases AC/DC 'Luci' Premium Game.
05-05-2014, 08:00 AM,
There is a newly opened pinball parlor in town that charges $5 per hour for all the games you can play (for me, that's lots of games). Tri-City Pinball rotates the stock because the owner fixes them up and sells them - super-old through newer ones. My current favorites are Hurricane, Pac Man and AC/DC Premium.

It's funny that even though you pay by the hour it's still a thrill to match and get a free game! Smile

Still waiting for the Cheap Trick pinball game with Dream Police bonus.

"....and I'm laughin' inside all the while....."
02-08-2015, 10:30 AM,
Classic Rock Pinball Machine.  Tongue
02-08-2015, 12:16 PM,
Great link Darran! I remember the Elton John machine but some of those others are just too cool. Thanks for posting it.
02-09-2015, 12:07 AM,
From 1974 to 1976, all my money was used to Roll over every pinball machine that I ever played. Only until they went to those digital score boards that went up to 50 million that I gave up and went over to the Dig Dug level games. Speaking of Dig Dug I always had the high score on those machines also. Well 20 years later my father in law who pretty much invented Ohms Law fixed up an on Dig Dug and got it running. He put in high score on it and in about a half hour of remembering all the sequences totally smoked his high score.
Most of my life I have wasted, the rest I have spent fishing. Wink
02-10-2015, 05:03 PM,
I love my 70's KISS pinball machine.

However I would love to add either the new AC/DC or Metallica machine to my stable. It's not the band its the machince that's killer. Or sell the KISS machine and get GOLDEN TEE.