Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You STILL have things going on.... - Well, of course you do!
04-24-2010, 09:29 AM,
RE: You STILL have things going on.... - Well, of course you do!
Hope nobody minds that I started a new thread. The last one was 129 pages, so I figured it was time.

Sorry I haven't been around in while........my co-worker and I have decided that we don't just need to take a personal day, but a personal YEAR! LOL

I'm heading out shortly to run a bunch of errands, but will post updates on the following either this evening or tomorrow:

* Hubby (don't worry, it's all good!)
* Son's computer
* Basement quote
* Window quote (why are window companies so ridiculous?)
* In-laws (it really could be a soap opera)

Stay tuned.............
There is somewhere, someplace in the world
I want to take you, look out.....

http://countrygirl3ct.tripod.com/ (Tricknic website)
04-24-2010, 09:41 AM,

Hey! Glad to see you're back and posting. Looking forward to reading your updates. Take care, xxx PN
Go Completely Wild!
04-24-2010, 10:04 AM,

So nice to see you back Kimberly!!! Glad things are better. And Amen to starting an updated thread. My email notification stopped working on the old one at least a year ago, lol. :p
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
04-24-2010, 10:24 AM,

Kim I'm glad your back! Big Grin
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

04-26-2010, 06:30 PM,

Glad to hear from you also Kimberly. Smile
04-26-2010, 07:42 PM,

My saturday was a cocophony of errors;

The mobile pantry truck was 4 hours late, and I didn't get home till almost 5:00...I came home and my cat had gone off (we found him up the neighbor's tree and had to entice him down). And after that, my comp was infected with "fraudware", but I've since got that resolved.....I hope!.
In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial sentimentalities, amicable, philosophical and psychological observations...beware of platitude misponderosities!
04-26-2010, 07:48 PM,

Went out to dinner Sunday (seafood!) for a belated B-day celebration with a good friend of mine, whose birthday is also in April (I'm an Aries, she's a Taurus.) We are so much alike, we are almost like sisters, but different enough to keep it interesting.
We don't live all that close, but it's alway great to see her!
"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM,

Thanks for starting a new one, Kimberly. Seems the currently frequent posters aren't much interested in this 'continuous conversational thread' but I have always gravitated towards it. icon_study.gif

ps: I'll take one of those personal <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>years</span> too, thank-you !
Hello, it's me again .....
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM,

Kimberly, I'm looking forward to your update!

I posted a lot on the old thread, but I don't have anything good to report at the moment and it's better not to post about my troubles. So I will wait for something happy to post about.

Hmmm...how about Evan and Anna?? I think Len is an absolute idiot and I don't know what he was watching on Dancing With The Stars tonight! So there!

Ok, I feel better now. :Wink:
04-27-2010, 07:45 AM,

I haven't been able to watch lately. Two weeks ago we placed my Mom in a memory care center, and Monday is a good day for me to visit, although the visits are not easy. We are all apprehensive of the day we have to tell her she will not be going back home. As far as her home, we are trying to get it cleared out and up for sale soon. WAY too much going on here. icon_compress.gif
04-27-2010, 12:45 PM,

About 10 years ago, my husband's grandmother, Mary, and I were sitting and talking about how much we missed our mothers. It was Christmas Eve. Mary said that her mother had stayed in their home but had dementia. While Mary worked during the day, they had a full-time assistant at home with her Mother.
Mary was distressed watching her mother deteriorate day by day until finally her mother no longer recognized her. Mary would come home from work and her mother, thinking that she was just a nurse, would ask her name and she would say "I'm Mary" to which her mother replied "Oh, I have a daughter named Mary". Then Mary would try to convince her mother that she WAS her daughter. And this went on for awhile. Finally, one day, Mary gave up. She decided that if her mother was happy during their time together that it didn't matter if her mother knew her as her daughter or not. The key was in the moment.

Ironically, now Mary is on the dementia ward in a care center. She always brightens when we visit but if someone asks later, she never remembers that we came. Flowers that we left become gifts from the unknown. And if my husband asks if she knows him, she smiles and says "Certainly I do!" but we never ask her what his name is....that's her secret and we don't need to know. Smile
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM,

Hugs go out to Jeanne and Meg. It must be an incredibly difficult thing to deal with having a relative suffering from dementia or alzheimer's. My mother is 77 and this is something she worries about a lot. She has become a bit more forgetful the past couple of years, but I attritube it to her sadness and increased worries since my father passed away. She's a constant visitor to all her doctors so I'm sure if there was any sign she would have been diagnosed by now.

On a lighter note (cus I don't even want to think about all the nastiness in my life) my daughter & I spent the morning making things to decorate my son's birthday cake. He turns 21 tomorrow and many of you who know me know that he has been doing colorguard for years and teaches it to a local high school also.

We are making the cake and we are going to recreate the look of the show the high school had this past season with the decorations. The floor (the sheet cake) will be black with silver stars (confetti) and we purchased small dolls and made their uniforms out of bridal decorations and we made flags out of wide silver ribbons and chopsticks covered with white electrical tape.

Yeah, I know it sounds strange, but I will post of picture of it tomorrow if we get a good one. Hopefully he will love it cus he hates celebrating his birthday, well, at least with us. :down:
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM,

21 Froggie! Baby's growing up!! Mine are 22 and if I could turn back time, they'd be right back in their terry cloth pajamas with the snaps that go up the legs!
The cake sounds perfect and with the way that you love to cook, I bet that it will be just as delicious.
Remember how grown up we thought we were at 21?? LOL One thing I DID know when I was 21 was how to have a GOOD time!
(thanks for your kindness, Mary is content, in a nice 'home' with good care and that is the best that we can hope for. She's 87 and has repeatedly said that she doesn't want to live to be 90, so at least we know that she is ready to go when her time comes)
I don't mean for this to be a downer: Keep posting, folks! Life goes on! Smile
04-28-2010, 06:54 AM,

My sons are 26, 22, 21.
My "baby" of 21 has some 'life-altering' events going on right now that I have to come to grips with very quickly. More on that later, if I manage to do that 'grips' thing.

My Mom is 89. I am the youngest of 5, she had me fairly late in life. I have friends with parents currently in their late 60's and earlier 70's. That would have been nice !
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM,

cheapdate Wrote:My sons are 26, 22, 21.
My "baby" of 21 has some 'life-altering' events going on right now that I have to come to grips with very quickly. More on that later, if I manage to do that 'grips' thing.

My Mom is 89. I am the youngest of 5, she had me fairly late in life. I have friends with parents currently in their late 60's and earlier 70's. That would have been nice !
Jeanne, we are both "The Baby"! I'm the last of 5 also. I think that my Mom wanted 2 children...oopps!! Mom was 39 when I was born. I remember her coming to pick me up from school when I was in the 3rd grade. A school mate said "Why is your grandmother picking you up"? and I felt absolutely horrible for my Mom!! Sad
One of the best things about being the last born in a large family? (no, NOT the hand-me-downs! LOL) was that by the time I reached my teens, my sibblings had worn my parents down so much that I was allowed to do all kinds of things that they would NEVER have gotten away with. YESSSSS!! Party on, Garth! icon_cheers.gif