Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fave 60s group/musician? - ???
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM,

Beatles.
In Loving Memory Of Bettis Breegle October-31-04 to May-26-06 I'll See You On The Other Side Pal."Cause My Life Will Be Hell Without You My Friend."

http://www.myspace.com/nielsen33
10-30-2006, 05:12 PM,

trickrox Wrote:
hobo73 Wrote:i ALWAYS forget something in my polls!
@#$*&^@!
hahaha

the Beatles are amazing<3
I knew you just HAD to like the Beatles, Eryn! Big Grin
get this, Beatle-lovers!:

my dad says they have a few good songs, but he has nothing against them. ok, i can handle that. but my brother goes so far!-he says theyre "gay and stupid", and im a "gay a** hippie"!AGH!

oh, and if you think THATS bad, just say "i like janis joplin"-the things he says about my fave musicians!>.<
Proud auntie to Nydia, Haley and Juan<3

MISHKA POO-POO
10-30-2006, 08:59 PM,

The Who
The Monkees
Simon & Garfunkel
The Hollies
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
10-31-2006, 05:04 PM,

I forgot Steppenwolf!
Hello, it's me again .....
10-31-2006, 07:28 PM,

The Beatles
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM,

AH yes!! steppenwolf=<3
hehe
Proud auntie to Nydia, Haley and Juan<3

MISHKA POO-POO
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM,

The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Elvis, The Beatles (of course) and who could forget Creedence Clearwater Revival??

And yes, Warron Zevon is unique to say the least!!! :upside: Big Grin
11-01-2006, 12:13 AM,

IfYouWantMy Wrote:
ian2813 Wrote:I'm not sure how MC5, Strawberry Alarm Clock and Janis Joplin all make the options over The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.

Ian
Well said
Someone seems to have some bizarre fascination over burnt out drug addicts, so-called musician/entertainers! Must be incredulous over the fact they could perform right after a fix! Janis looked like a flea bitten dirtbag on the Dick Cavett show. Your Grandmother is right! Quit idolizing drug addicts!
There was/is nothing glamorous about them. People only look back in amazement that they could function in society and entertain. The country was in mass revolt through the times your talking about. There were a lot of people looking for a leader and there were a lot of people trying to get a message out. Entertainers and entertainment became political. Drugs were usually an escape and practically everyone under 30 in the biz was doing them. Fame, fortune and drugs were often a destructive mix. You've got some serious decisions to make in your life in your near future. You need to stop and think... and listen. Your posts constantly spell Dysfunction with a capital "D". I wish you a world of luck and happiness Eryn.
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM,

I don't think the personal lives of musicians has anything to do with affecting the lives of the people who enjoy their music. Of course at Eryn's age she has alot of serious & important decisions to make. Unfortunately, she won't know if they were good or bad for a long time. Hang in there Eryn- & listen to who you want to!
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
11-01-2006, 02:45 PM,

Unpronounceable Wrote:
IfYouWantMy Wrote:
ian2813 Wrote:I'm not sure how MC5, Strawberry Alarm Clock and Janis Joplin all make the options over The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.

Ian
Well said
Someone seems to have some bizarre fascination over burnt out drug addicts, so-called musician/entertainers! Janis looked like a flea bitten dirtbag on the Dick Cavett show. Your Grandmother is right! Quit idolizing drug addicts!
Idolizing Janis Joplin, Hendrix and Jim Morrison does not necessarily mean to advocate their drug use, but to simply appreciate their talent. Hey, The Beatles took LSD and your not criticising their fans. Pretty much all the great 60's rock artists were on something. Janis had one of the best voices in rock history, regardless of her drug use. And Hendrix was the best guitarist ever. Hopefully we can learn from their mistakes, but don't criticise their fans. Love- Smile
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
11-01-2006, 03:14 PM,

Unpronounceable Wrote:Your posts constantly spell Dysfunction with a capital "D".
You certainly ain't sunshine and happiness yourself. Go pick on somebody else.
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty
11-01-2006, 07:15 PM,

Unpronounceable Wrote:
IfYouWantMy Wrote:

Ian
Well said
Someone seems to have some bizarre fascination over burnt out drug addicts, so-called musician/entertainers! Must be incredulous over the fact they could perform right after a fix! Janis looked like a flea bitten dirtbag on the Dick Cavett show. Your Grandmother is right! Quit idolizing drug addicts!
There was/is nothing glamorous about them. People only look back in amazement that they could function in society and entertain. The country was in mass revolt through the times your talking about. There were a lot of people looking for a leader and there were a lot of people trying to get a message out. Entertainers and entertainment became political. Drugs were usually an escape and practically everyone under 30 in the biz was doing them. Fame, fortune and drugs were often a destructive mix. You've got some serious decisions to make in your life in your near future. You need to stop and think... and listen. Your posts constantly spell Dysfunction with a capital "D". I wish you a world of luck and happiness Eryn.

Hmmm...well you seem to have a bizarre fascination over Eryn's choices about the musicians/entertainers that she chooses to listen to!! Just because she likes their music doesn't necessarily mean that she "idolizes" them and even if she does, unless you are her parent then it's really none of your buisness!

You know...the majority of us have a little dysfunction in our lives... I don't have a perfect life! Do you? Eryn's posts spell 16 year old and at the age of 16 you aren't in control of everything that happens in your life. All you can do is try and deal with the situations that you have no control over in the best way that you can and that is exactly what Eryn is doing. Eryn is a smart girl and I believe she will weigh the consequences before making a serious decision concerning anything in her life.

Now please take some of your own advice: "you need to stop, think and listen" before you post!!
11-08-2006, 06:17 PM,

"Dave Clark Five (ugghh, did I say that?)"

Hey, you're not the only one. And I'll make it worse by adding Paul Revere and the Raiders to that list!!!
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM,
RE: fave 60s group/musician? - ???
the kinks
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM,
RE: fave 60s group/musician? - ???
So many great artists in that timespan to consider but my favorite has got to be The Who. The manic drumming of Moonie, the thunderous bass of the Ox, Rogers's charismatic voice and of course Pete's songwriting and stage presence is what hooked me from the first time I heard The Kids Are Alright.