REVEREND HORTON HEAT
OTHER (Please State)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Sub Pop Band.
07-17-2008, 07:24 AM,
RE: Best Sub Pop Band.
:blues: The Seattle Grunge Lable SUB POP Has Had Some Brilliant Bands On It's Roster, But Who Were Your Favourites?
Others Include: Screaming Trees, Sebadoh, Shins, Vaselines, Wolf Parade, Postal Service, Green River, Fluid, etc., etc...
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM,

Of the ones listed Soundgarden gets my vote. If Mother Love Bone would have been listed they would have. Sucks that Andrew Wood had to die so young.
~4 Kings with an Army strong~
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM,

Chip Trick Wrote:Of the ones listed Soundgarden gets my vote. If Mother Love Bone would have been listed they would have. Sucks that Andrew Wood had to die so young.
In an extremely strange twist of irony, had he not died there would have been no Pearl Jam. Unfortunate, but true.
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM,

Jervis Tetch Wrote:
Chip Trick Wrote:Of the ones listed Soundgarden gets my vote. If Mother Love Bone would have been listed they would have. Sucks that Andrew Wood had to die so young.
In an extremely strange twist of irony, had he not died there would have been no Pearl Jam. Unfortunate, but true.
You are correct sir. Someone else up on their grundge trivia. Smile

There would have been no Temple of the Dog as well.
~4 Kings with an Army strong~
07-17-2008, 05:24 PM,

I didn't even have to THINK about this. The Mighty, Right Reverend Horton Heat!

At the last RHH show I saw, they covered Nirvana's
"In Bloom."
"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM,

Hey...from a former Seattleite...the best one was the Screaming Trees. Hands down. They never had their just desserts, either. Crying shame, it is.

Soundgarden would be my second choice.

Mother Love Bone was never on Sub Pop...unless we're referrng to the "Shine" EP. I'd have to dig up my copy to know if I'm recalling my facts correctly. However, Andy's previous band, Malfunkshun, was involved with Sub Pop as was Green River, the other Pearl Jam precursor.

He passed away on my 21st birthday...definitely NOT the best present I could have wanted...he is still terribly missed.
Burn on the flame,

Boudicca/Christine
07-17-2008, 07:49 PM,

I guess I'm old school on this one: Nirvana! They sound even more incredible to my ears now then when I first heard them back in the day. Talk about a waste of talent . . . imagine if Kurt Cobain were alive today . . . sigh . . . Sad
Come six with my nine.
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM,

My second choice would have been Mudhoney or Nirvana. I really enjoyed Mudhoney when I saw them in concert a couple years ago. They really put on a great show.
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM,

Mark Arm used to call my place of employment, which shall remain nameless to protect the guilty (LOL), in order to speak to his pal Guy. A couple of times I wasn't in a very good mood and disconnected him after sweetly asking in dulcet tones, "Why, that's not a problem, Mr. Arm. Will you please hold?"

"Uh...geez...yeah."

*CLICK*

(I'm still smirking about it!)
Burn on the flame,

Boudicca/Christine
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM,

Wow, I must be getting old. There's only a couple of those bands I've even heard of. :ghostface:
"Standing on the edge, and watching my life flash by...."
07-19-2008, 08:38 AM,

1) Soundgarden
2) Nirvana

Temple of the Dog was also short lived but sweet !
Hello, it's me again .....
07-19-2008, 10:12 AM,

Yes, but Temple of the Dog was not on Sub Pop. That was a major label release.
Burn on the flame,

Boudicca/Christine
07-19-2008, 06:39 PM,

Soundgarden.
Am I the only one alive who thinks Nirvana is horribly overrated??
Proud auntie to Nydia, Haley and Juan<3

MISHKA POO-POO
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM,

hobo73 Wrote:Am I the only one alive who thinks Nirvana is horribly overrated??
No, you're not.
Burn on the flame,

Boudicca/Christine
07-20-2008, 02:18 AM,

THANK YOU.
I see nothing special or revolutionary about them. in fact, they're pretty annoying.
Proud auntie to Nydia, Haley and Juan<3

MISHKA POO-POO