Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out - The Rolling Stones
The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin
Woodstock - Various Artists
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Favorite Classic Live Album - Some great albums recorded live
11-28-2006, 08:00 PM,

I forgot about Pat Travers. One of those guys whose only well-known album is live. Just like Frampton.

"Boom-Boom (what is it?)- OUT GO THE LIGHTS!!
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
11-29-2006, 06:49 AM,

Based on the volume level at which I would play these records (CDs) , here's my ranking :

Alive - Kiss
Double Live Gonzo - Nugent
You Get What You Play For - REO
At Budokan - Trick
Frampton Comes Alive - Frampton
The Wings and Zep albums come in about right here , tied .
"One More From The Road" - Lynyrd Skynyrd , would have pushed its way in between CT and Frampton .

Anyway , great poll and some great choices on it ! Smile
<span style='font-family:Lucida Handwriting'>You're getting nervous . . .
You've never been this high before .
</span>
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM,

If anyone has the deluxe alice cooper billion dollar babies album, the 2nd disc has a ton of live songs that are killer (no pun intended).

Also, AC/DC Bonfire has "Live at the Atlantic Recording Studios", and my favorite, "Let There Be Rock- Live In Paris".

Iron Maiden's "Live After Death" is great too if you're a Maiden fan.
I prefer to listen to Cheap Trick.
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM,

I chose Woodstock, goin' for depth. Hendrix, the Who, Janis Joplin, all on 1! I concur w/the Kinks & all the others listed, & would rather plug in Music for Hangovers or Silver over Budokhan. Also, I'd add to the list Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison & Elvis - the complete Comeback Special. :blues: Oh, & the Blues Bros Briefcase full of Blues.
Before there was Rock, you only had God. -- D Bowie
01-02-2007, 11:34 AM,

Budokan as the favorite is a bit crazy even for a Cheap Trick fan forum.
Woodstock is certainly a more important live release with great songs and artists, not to mention the added interactions of the crowd atmosphere and announcements.
I mean the audience at the Budokan Hall seems very energetic and thrilled by Cheap Trick so I guess my devotion to the band has limitations that are not blind to other opinions. I am just very surpised that, with the ages of most members on the board here, even though it is a Cheap Trick board, considering the choice of so many great, arguably legendary live albums that Budokan is the favored.
That's some weird and wacky stuff. (imitation of a Johnny Carson imitation)
All things must pass
01-02-2007, 01:33 PM,

Strangers in the Night - prime UFO, right before Michael Schenker took his ball and went home.
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM,

Standing In The Fire - Warren Zevon. This is an amazing live album that has curiously never been released on cd. I own a vinyl copy.
This was recorded during his raging alcoholic days and he sounds possessed!
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
01-03-2007, 04:17 PM,

Some of my favorites are not listed and then again, several are.
REO with Gary Richrath live was always a great show for me and You Get What You Play For will always be one of my favorites.
Another one would be Some Enchanted Evening BOC. Kick out the Jammmss Brothers and Sisters!
Here At Last The Bee Gees Live is also on my list.

As far as the Japan show, it really is what brought Cheap Trick to the masses and is a true rock classic. Better than others listed?
All a matter of personal likes and tastes.
Better add, all imo of course.
The Rhinestone Cowboy silenced by Alzheimer's Disease! Please support Alzheimer's research. 
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM,

Of the selections listed, I had to go with "At Budokan!" I couldn't go with "Woodstock" because there's precious little Rock and Roll on the record...The only band that ROCKED at Woodstock was Sha Na Na!
01-05-2007, 06:04 PM,

1st choice: REO Speedwagon Live: You Get What You Play For

2nd choice- Frampton Comes Alive
01-06-2007, 08:52 PM,

That Santana tune on Woodstock is great!
"We hit it off, so we moved in together. Got a cat named Ringo and it purred like leather".
01-08-2007, 09:57 AM,

Ten Years After playing "I'm Going Home" is one of the better songs on the original release. Richie Havens' "Freedom", most of side two and, wait... side three and most of both sides of the.... well side one and side five are the only weak parts of the confusing alignment. I have a hard time visualizing the whole record one- side one and six thing sometimes.
I just never listened to "Woodstock Two" much for some reason and in fact, since I got the Hendrix Woodstock performance cd, I have not listened to "W Two" one bit. Maybe this week.
"Soul Sacrifice" is brilliant work from Santana and one of the highlights in my opinion, too.
All things must pass
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM,

1. The Who - Live at Leeds
2. Cheap Trick - Budokan (close second!)
3. BB King - Live at the Regal (AWESOME!)
4. Frampton - Comes Alive
5. KISS - Alive

So many to listen to, so little time...
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM,

For the past couple of weeks it has been Bachman Turner Overdrive "Live!, Live!, Live!" 1986 An excellent, hard driving Live album. No doubt out of print. Only have it on cassette but still outstanding...in the truck anyway. Ask anyone in Carlsbad who has had the misfortune of driving next to me....Let it roll...down the highway ....roll....rolll....roll!
The Rhinestone Cowboy silenced by Alzheimer's Disease! Please support Alzheimer's research. 
06-07-2007, 05:30 AM,

Two of my favorites are The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl & Budokan.