Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out - The Rolling Stones
The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin
Woodstock - Various Artists
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Favorite Classic Live Album - Some great albums recorded live
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM,

"Wings Over America" is by far my favorite live album. McCartney in his prime, awesome setlist and the best opening (Venus & Mars, Rockshow, Jet) medley in the history of live albums. Budokan a close second, Rush's "Exit Stage Left" comes in third (points off for audience fade in and out on each track- a major no-no for live albums. But the setlist and musicianship are impeccable).
"Just like the trees, you grow- you die.
No one pretends to know just why."
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM,

janna Wrote:Two of my favorites are The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl & Budokan.
I recently got a boot of the Beatles' rooftop concert, but I haven't listened to it yet.
<span style='font-family:Lucida Handwriting'>You're getting nervous . . .
You've never been this high before .
</span>
06-07-2007, 10:28 AM,

Your_Latest_Trick Wrote:
new shooze Wrote:Alive! With Double Live Gonzo a close 2nd (1st time I ever heard the "F" word on a record) Big Grin
"...anyone who wants to get mellow, you can turn around and get the -edit- outta here!" I love that record!
"... you got me in a goddamn strangle hold baby!"
His banter alone is almost half of the experience of Double Live Gonzo.
"This guitar right here's been known to blow the balls off a charging rhino at 60 paces"

"You can yank me and crank me, but don't wake up and thank me"

"This guitar refuses to play sweet ####....ya know, it just refuses.

Ted
06-07-2007, 01:16 PM,

budokan! of course!:p
Proud auntie to Nydia, Haley and Juan<3

MISHKA POO-POO
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM,

Tricked In 76 II Wrote:
janna Wrote:Two of my favorites are The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl & Budokan.
I recently got a boot of the Beatles' rooftop concert, but I haven't listened to it yet.

The rooftop concert is bittersweet....you can tell it's nearing the end. Have you seen the film "Let It Be"? In it you can see that they are drifting apart and finding it difficult to work together.
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM,

Howzabout Budokan the Complete Concert instead of the original Budokan?

Followed by:

Supertramp - Paris: amazing performances and a great overview of their career. Hard to find except on ebay.

Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is Talking Heads: also a great live retrospective of their early career.

Blue Oyster Cult - Extraterrestrial Live
See you at the red light...
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM,

Gotta go with the one I heard most often - At Budokan.
'Huuutch!' - Starsky
08-19-2007, 12:11 AM,

jimmym Wrote:Strangers in the Night - prime UFO, right before Michael Schenker took his ball and went home.
You said it, brother. Tha has to be the greatest relatively unknown live album ever.
Always looking for CT guitar picks and drumsticks I don't already have.
Trick's Picks
03-11-2011, 09:56 PM,

CT Pick Collector Wrote:
jimmym Wrote:Strangers in the Night - prime UFO, right before Michael Schenker took his ball and went home.
You said it, brother. Tha has to be the greatest relatively unknown live album ever.
I'm with ya. Strangers in the Night is a GREAT live album. Schenker is NASTY!!!

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"I Want You to ROCK YOUR SPEECH!!!"
03-13-2011, 07:09 PM,

Out of the options listed, I had to go with Budokan.

Other favorites of mine:

The Kinks - One for the Road
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won (this poll predates it, but it is far superior to Song Remains The Same)
UFO - Strangers in the Night

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM,

houseisrockin Wrote:Out of the options listed, I had to go with Budokan.

Other favorites of mine:

Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won (this poll predates it, but it is far superior to Song Remains The Same)
I forgot about The Kinks. That is a great live album. Like CT, they are a band that is a lot heavier in concert than on record.

My Faves...
CT - All the different Budokan CDs
Kinks - One for the Road
Black Sabbath - Live Evil * I always thought it was interesting to hear Ronnie James Dio sing the classic Ozzy Sabbath stuff.
J Geils - Blow Your Face Out * The intro to Must of Got Lost is one of the greatest concert moments of all time.
Kiss - Alive 2 (excluding the studio tracks)
Y+T - Open Fire * Dave Meniketti defies logic as lead singer and lead guitarist.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"I Want You to ROCK YOUR SPEECH!!!"
03-14-2011, 06:23 PM,

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over ??? Not a huge fan but the sound quality is awesome icon_thumleft.gif I seriously believe Budokan is the best live album by a rock band EVER icon_cheers.gif
Mack Axyzz

'It was a real fine line now you changed my life around'
'I love me some CT; those MFs is dope'
03-17-2011, 05:54 AM,

i voted for CT At Budokan. but "wings oa" and "one for the road" - the kinks. are also faves.
04-09-2011, 04:50 AM,

CT- Budokan
Who- live at Leeds
Queen- Live Killers
Supertramp- Paris
Beatles- Live at the Hollywood Bowl

furthermore:
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won
Wings- Over America
04-13-2011, 10:03 AM,

Thick man of Europe" Wrote:Supertramp- Paris
Beatles- Live at the Hollywood Bowl

Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won
Wings- Over America
I just got a copy of Live In Paris. It is fairly good. It is a vinyl copy so I intend to transfer it to digital disc for convenience.

And of course The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl. A great (re)package. That might have been the first live album I bought.
All things must pass