Bono
Bon Scott
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robin Zander vs. The Greatest Male Rock Vocalists
07-25-2006, 10:11 AM,

I would've put Roy Orbison on the list....not only did he have an amazing voice, he was also a great song writer and he was very diverse.
07-25-2006, 10:34 AM,

Interesting that nobody voted for Roger Daltry. He was the first person I ever heard "scream" in rock music. I can remember vividly hearing "Won't Get Fooled Again" for the first time and hearing that scream he does at the end. To this day, I think he's one of the best screamers around! Big Grin

Freddie was an amazing vocalist; he always sang with so much emotion. Much like Robin actually...I've always thought he is one of best vocalists because of that. Plus, you can understand the words when Robin sings them!!
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
07-25-2006, 03:58 PM,

Robin.....no comparison to the man of 1000 voices.
07-25-2006, 10:23 PM,

Z is my fave male vocalist with Burton Cummings second.
~My life's a circus, an insane chain of circumstances~
07-26-2006, 08:12 AM,

Robin's been my favorite singer for as far back as I can remember. He's always had an amazing voice, and still does after all these years.
The more I think about, the less that it matters; the less I think about, the more that it matters...
07-28-2006, 07:50 PM,

OK, so Robin has a fantastic voice, but...

who would you choose among these....
1. Elvis Presley
2. Mick Jagger
3. Elton John
4. Meatloaf
5. Daryl Hall
6. Roy Orbison
7. John Lennon
8. Steven Tyler
9. Paul McCartney
10. Robin Zander
07-28-2006, 08:18 PM,

beatpoet Wrote:Z is my fave male vocalist with Burton Cummings second.
Now that guy can sing! He's one of my favorites as well.

janna Wrote:I would've put Roy Orbison on the list....not only did he have an amazing voice, he was also a great song writer and he was very diverse.

I miss Roy. Sad He was such a cool guy... I loved his work with the Wilburys the most.
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM,

Mellencamp? I'm from Indiana. Not even close.......... Robin wins hands down. Don't mean to upset in any way. I would like to see John Waite in this poll. While he doesn'e have the ultimate range, he definitley has the distiction and experience. Very distinctive voice, like Robin. Also Ian Astley of The Cult very distictive. Also take a look at Buddy Holly . Very uniques in his vocals. Very underated. And I agree with Paul McCartney & you have to add John Lennon.
amnesia in my train of thought
07-28-2006, 09:16 PM,

Sorry That would be Ian Astbury.....
amnesia in my train of thought
07-30-2006, 03:06 PM,

Robin's 'the man!' but I would most definitely have to put Elvis as a close 2nd. I love that man's voice...smooth, strong with an incredible range!! :love:
08-11-2006, 05:01 AM,

I LOVE Robin's voice.

But I love Adam Duritz from Counting Crows best of all. :p
All the creeps are sleeping all the cools in sight
09-24-2007, 06:00 PM,

We all know Robin is our favorite. I must say where is Paul Rodgers on this list???
09-26-2007, 08:08 AM,

WhereverWouldIBe Wrote:Robin's 'the man!' but I would most definitely have to put Elvis as a close 2nd. I love that man's voice...smooth, strong with an incredible range!! :love:
I'm with you on that! "E" was amazing.
"Ooooh babe you need some brand new shoes"

09-26-2007, 09:01 AM,

Robin Zander -- The best soprano singer to ever come out of Harlem high school. Big Grin
09-26-2007, 09:12 PM,

:blues: Another great voice out of Rockford is Michael Banks. He sang in a few groups encluding Robin Banks...(for the money). Last that I heard, he was doing solo stuff. So sauve...sigh!
Kiss Me Red