Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Join CT fan club? - Should I pay for the fan club?
08-22-2009, 03:52 PM,
RE: Join CT fan club? - Should I pay for the fan club?
Did you or have you joined and what do you think?

I thought I already signed up and paid but haven't rec'd anything yet so fellow CT Fan Club members, what should I be expecting? (I better double check to make sure I actually paid and hit submit.)
(Oh) Claire
08-22-2009, 04:00 PM,

Christmas cards every year, newsletters, photos. When I originally signed up they sent me a whole bunch of past newsletters and christmas cards. You get an id card. Would be awesome if they did like pearl jam and sent you 45rpm vinyl singles for christmas.
08-22-2009, 05:04 PM,

I joined a few weeks ago and I'm really glad that I did. First of all, they were extremely prompt. I emailed them a question about my order, and I got a response less than ten minutes afterwards. Also, my package arrived four days after I ordered it. I was expecting it to take six to eight weeks like it says on the web site, so I was really impressed with that.

I was really excited when it arrived, and to my surprise, it included a picture signed by all of them! This will probably sound really lame, but I cried tears of joy. It was really exciting for me. I mean, I knew that a photo was included, but I didn't expect it to be signed. Smile I also received two of Rick's picks from when they toured for Special One. Smile

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

08-22-2009, 05:42 PM,

TrickFanEmily Wrote:I was really excited when it arrived, and to my surprise, it included a picture signed by all of them! This will probably sound really lame, but I cried tears of joy.
That's very sweet.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~
08-23-2009, 12:17 AM,

I kinda want to join now...
"I knew I'd meet you, I had a dream about you. We were walking hand in hand we were talking about love. Love at first sight, when I looked into your eyes I was blinded by the feelings in my heart."
08-23-2009, 02:04 PM,

I am joining now so we shall see.
(Oh) Claire
08-24-2009, 10:50 AM,

I renew my membership on/around Cheap Trick Day - 1st April. This last time, I got a signed 8 x 10 of the Rockford album cover art. I about passed out!! It was really cool because when I pulled it out of the envelope, I saw it, and hey! I was wearing my Rockford T-shirt at the time! Karma or what? I framed it and it's now sitting on top of my accoustic piano. icon_king.gif
Go Completely Wild!
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM,

Piano Nerd Wrote:I renew my membership on/around Cheap Trick Day - 1st April. This last time, I got a signed 8 x 10 of the Rockford album cover art. I about passed out!! It was really cool because when I pulled it out of the envelope, I saw it, and hey! I was wearing my Rockford T-shirt at the time! Karma or what? I framed it and it's now sitting on top of my accoustic piano. icon_king.gif

That's cool! Smile I framed mine too. It's the picture of them on the bikes for the Varvatos ads. Great picture. Smile

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

08-24-2009, 05:41 PM,

I think I need to renew...I lost track!
★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★ Meow [Image: 338.gif] Meow ★♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ★ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪★

08-24-2009, 05:44 PM,

I need to redo mine as well.
"Ooooh babe you need some brand new shoes"

08-26-2009, 06:38 PM,

I need to renew, too. The money tree is empty, though. Sad
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM,

I joined around September or October last year and recieved the initial package which included a signed picture (a cartoon picture of them), a round CT log sticker, the membership card, a 2005, 2006 and 2007 Christmas card, a welcome letter, timeline info, a discography, a A4 colour pic and a copy of 'Trick News' from Winter/Spring 2007... ???

I was excited about receiving this great little package but there has been nothing since. The copy of 'Trick News' was from 2007 ... don't they do new versions of this now. I suppose now we just check CT.com or the boards for any news.

What can we do with the membership card? Do we get any entitlements for having it? I like the idea of having a membership card designed like a concert pass/backstage pass that you can hang around your neck. One with a 'checker board' neck string would be ideal.

Info about the fan club states that there is 'ACCESS TO SPECIAL EVENTS FOR FAN SERVICE MEMBERS ONLY'. Are they referring to 'Trickfest' or have there been other events held specially for the fan club?

I don't mean to sound like a whinger but there doesn't seem to be anything special or exclusive just for the members. I like the idea of having a special music recording for Christmas like Pearl Jam have. Even as a download but a 45 rpm vinyl would be fantastic.

What about 'Meet & Greets'!! Have they done many of these over the years?

Just a few questions and I hope the Webmaster or someone else could help out Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM,

CHEAP & TRICKY IN AUSTRALIA Wrote:I joined around September or October last year and recieved the initial package which included a signed picture (a cartoon picture of them), a round CT log sticker, the membership card, a 2005, 2006 and 2007 Christmas card, a welcome letter, timeline info, a discography, a A4 colour pic and a copy of 'Trick News' from Winter/Spring 2007... ???

I was excited about receiving this great little package but there has been nothing since. The copy of 'Trick News' was from 2007 ... don't they do new versions of this now. I suppose now we just check CT.com or the boards for any news.

What can we do with the membership card? Do we get any entitlements for having it? I like the idea of having a membership card designed like a concert pass/backstage pass that you can hang around your neck. One with a 'checker board' neck string would be ideal.

Info about the fan club states that there is 'ACCESS TO SPECIAL EVENTS FOR FAN SERVICE MEMBERS ONLY'. Are they referring to 'Trickfest' or have there been other events held specially for the fan club?

I don't mean to sound like a whinger but there doesn't seem to be anything special or exclusive just for the members. I like the idea of having a special music recording for Christmas like Pearl Jam have. Even as a download but a 45 rpm vinyl would be fantastic.

What about 'Meet & Greets'!! Have they done many of these over the years?

Just a few questions and I hope the Webmaster or someone else could help out Smile
i joined back in the 90's & never got any news about renewing guess i should lol .
i have a very low number on my card .
back in the day i could call the phone # on the card for a meet & greet at shows , how awesome is that .
i got to hang out with them at carbondale , il opening for motley crue on the their generation swine tour .
it was great only 3 other people & me for cheap trick .
soon as i'am able i'll renew , hope i can keep the same membership #
i'am here too chew gum & kick ass , i'am all out of gum !
12-13-2009, 07:30 PM,

I know my membership is overdue but I thought they'd send out a reminder before it expired. Something that I think they should do ... just a thought Smile

Suppose I'd better go and pay it but I'm not that keen as what will I get this time for the membership dontknow.gif I haven't received "anything" since I joined around Oct/Nov last year Sad

This is something I feel the management should put more effort into ... don't mean to whinge just stated a fact!!
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
12-13-2009, 07:53 PM,

One thing they could do is, a fifteen min. phone call from a band member, to one fan, every month, by random draw. There are other things they can do, that I don't think would cost much. Take some backstage photos and e-mail them to club members. Send out little backstage stories, once a month via e-mail. Send club members a guitar pick on their birthday. Maybe, put a fan club section on the homepage, that only fan club members have access too. CT can list their fav musicians there and occasionally leave a short message.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~