Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Join CT fan club? - Should I pay for the fan club?
12-13-2009, 08:06 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:One thing they could do is, a fifteen min. phone call from a band member, to one fan, every month, by random draw. There are other things they can do, that I don't think would cost much. Take some backstage photos and e-mail them to club members. Send out little backstage stories, once a month via e-mail. Send club members a guitar pick on their birthday. Maybe, put a fan club section on the homepage, that only fan club members have access too. CT can list their fav musicians there and occasionally leave a short message.
Totally agree with that Di!! There sooooo much more that could be done especially exclusive things for members. That guitar pick idea is great ... I love that!!

The band seem to have no interaction with the fan club or the boards at all. Even just posting a special message every now and then ... not talking about every week. Photo's from the gigs and backstage and even short blogs would be sooooo cool.

The exclusive fan club member section is a good idea. Alot of bands etc have those. You feel like you're getting something for your money.

Would love it if they could work on this ... Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
12-13-2009, 08:24 PM,

CHEAP & TRICKY IN AUSTRALIA Wrote:
RockNRollMuse Wrote:One thing they could do is, a fifteen min. phone call from a band member, to one fan, every month, by random draw. There are other things they can do, that I don't think would cost much. Take some backstage photos and e-mail them to club members. Send out little backstage stories, once a month via e-mail. Send club members a guitar pick on their birthday. Maybe, put a fan club section on the homepage, that only fan club members have access too. CT can list their fav musicians there and occasionally leave a short message.
Totally agree with that Di!! There sooooo much more that could be done especially exclusive things for members. That guitar pick idea is great ... I love that!!

The band seem to have no interaction with the fan club or the boards at all. Even just posting a special message every now and then ... not talking about every week. Photo's from the gigs and backstage and even short blogs would be sooooo cool.

The exclusive fan club member section is a good idea. Alot of bands etc have those. You feel like you're getting something for your money.

Would love it if they could work on this ... Smile
Yes, a little interaction would mean a lot to us. It does not matter if they don't have information to share, it's the connection that would be great.

People go nuts over the guitar picks. They could make special fan club picks, to send on people's birthdays.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM,

should take a page from the TESLA fan club .
they have a fan club only section & a lot of cool stuff you get like signed group photos & dvd's .
Tesla do get on their website & interact which is very cool .
as a matter a fact a date i was taking to see TESLA back in oct. was in a car wreck Frank from TESLA read my post and did a special dedication to us in the show .
a little can go a long way in my book .
i'am here too chew gum & kick ass , i'am all out of gum !
12-13-2009, 09:09 PM,

berry Wrote:should take a page from the TESLA fan club .
they have a fan club only section & a lot of cool stuff you get like signed group photos & dvd's .
Tesla do get on their website & interact which is very cool .
as a matter a fact a date i was taking to see TESLA back in oct. was in a car wreck Frank from TESLA read my post and did a special dedication to us in the show .
a little can go a long way in my book .
I know Cheap Trick really do appreciate their fans and are always so nice and take the time when fans approach them but yes, little special things with the fan club and boards would add that something ... well, SPECIAL!!!

Thats heaps good in regards to Telsa ... Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

12-13-2009, 09:14 PM,

Thanks for the info guys. I don't go to other band's web sites much and never been in a fan club.

I know CT cares about their fans, does a lot for their fans already, and they are very busy.
12-13-2009, 09:42 PM,

hey i got nothing but love for CT they have been great too me through the yrs .
plus they have made the soundtrack to my life Big Grin
12-13-2009, 09:50 PM,

one thing i do miss by the fan club is the news letters .
i know people my think it's obsolete with the internet but i love getting something tangible to keep & collect .
it's like cd's i refuse to buy a download , i want the cd , art package the whole nine yards .
and i would love for the Bun E's basement boots to come back , the coolest fan club buy ever !!!
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM,

berry Wrote:one thing i do miss by the fan club is the news letters .
i know people my think it's obsolete with the internet but i love getting something tangible to keep & collect .
it's like cd's i refuse to buy a download , i want the cd , art package the whole nine yards .
and i would love for the Bun E's basement boots to come back , the coolest fan club buy ever !!!
You can print the fan club e-mails. Thoes fan club boots sound very cool! Smile
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM,

I know I am due. Do they send us a notification or something???
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM,

Anneke Wrote:I know I am due. Do they send us a notification or something???
I know mine is overdue but I didn't receive a reminder that it was going to expire or nothing to ask if I wanted to subsribe again. Strange!! You would think that they would be onto this one ... trying to get new members and keeping the old ones but it seems someone doesn't really care Sad

Unless they are in the process of starting a 'brand new' fan club .... now that would be heaps good icon_thumleft.gif
debj1111@bigpond.com

12-14-2009, 06:57 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:You can print the fan club e-mails.
What fan club emails Di???? I've never received a email from the fan club at all ... not even one! How often do they send them out?
debj1111@bigpond.com

12-14-2009, 09:31 PM,

What fan club emails Di???? I've never received a email from the fan club at all ... not even one! How often do they send them out?
Someone said, they would want a letter, not an e-mail and I was responding to that.
12-14-2009, 09:44 PM,

There is no reminder to renew your fan club membership. I was a member way back in the day - 1980 maybe? Then I rejoined several years ago, but could not afford to this year. I will miss the Christmas card this year. Sad

I think if you email trickintl@aol.com, though, you will get a response if you ask when your membership expires. I know I have when I've done so.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
12-17-2009, 11:57 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:
Someone said, they would want a letter, not an e-mail and I was responding to that.
Hey, no worries Di! Thanks!
debj1111@bigpond.com

12-18-2009, 12:59 PM,

What a great idea's!!!

Webmaster do you have any insight to what is happening to our fanclub?? Does it need new life??New membersto run it Big Grin ?? I am in!