Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entertainment Weekly - Life Takes VISA ad
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM,
RE: Entertainment Weekly - Life Takes VISA ad
Grab the current issue of Entertainment Weekly [March 28, 08] and turn to page 13. Pretty cool, huh? To tell the truth- it never occurred to me what that thing must have cost!
brad k.
"Well, if there's a bright center to the universe,
you're on the planet it's farthest from."
L. Skywalker
03-23-2008, 07:15 AM,

YAY!! So I was at my sisters last night for our family Easter Dinner (she subscribes to EW) so she goes out and gets her mail and sits back on her couch to look through the mag when all of the sudden she goes "UH -OH".. and she turns and to me and flashes that page !!! I about crapped! I am like "OMG it is Ricks guitar!!"" It was a great Easter surprise!

Yes it is the little things in life that make me happy!!!!

um especailly when they are CT related!! :p Blush :love:
Rick: Robin ,You're all sweaty."
Robin: It's just the way the shirt looks..."
03-23-2008, 07:25 AM,

Thanks for the heads up. My daughter gets EW (not my favorite pub) - she has no idea why, it just showed up one day. Anyway, I just checked the issue and there it is! Very cool indeed! Cool
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
03-23-2008, 01:31 PM,

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Ent-Weekly-3-28-08-TV-Prevue-Indie-Rock-mag-Cheap-Trick_W0QQitemZ370035494541QQihZ024QQcat
egoryZ280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]See the ad here - the magazine's up for sale on eBay[/url]
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty
03-23-2008, 03:07 PM,

Are we talking about the 5 neck? Its in the new Rolling Stone too - page 51.
03-23-2008, 06:58 PM,

We get EW, also.....but it didn't come yesterday, perhaps tomorrow....
There is somewhere, someplace in the world
I want to take you, look out.....

http://countrygirl3ct.tripod.com/ (Tricknic website)
03-23-2008, 07:51 PM,

Wouldn't Al from Des Moines want to cover his address before posting his item on ebay ? :p
03-24-2008, 09:00 AM,

Tricked In 76 II Wrote:Wouldn't Al from Des Moines want to cover his address before posting his item on ebay ? :p
It would seem that way, but I guess he's just trying to be prompt with his customers if they're sending payment through the mail! :laugh:
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM,

Just seen it in Rolling Stone and thought I"d post it but Lisa was already on it. She's quick!! (must be a subscriber) ???
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM,

calkanman Wrote:Just seen it in Rolling Stone and thought I"d post it but Lisa was already on it. She's quick!! (must be a subscriber) ???
I saw the ad in Rolling Stone last night too. I had no idea it was going to be there since I hadn't read this thread yet so it was a nice surprise. I gasped and showed it to my hubby and he kind of rolled his eyes. He said, "I suppose you think that is Rick's guitar don't you?" WHOSE ELSE WOULD IT BE?? :laugh:
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM,

Would have been nice if the copy had mentioned the band's name or at least Rick's.

Still pretty cool, though.
03-25-2008, 03:05 PM,

Then again... I think its kind of cool they didn't need to.
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM,

I got my copy of Rolling Stone yesterday so I could ogle the ad.
Go Completely Wild!
03-25-2008, 08:13 PM,

Piano Nerd Wrote:I got my copy of Rolling Stone yesterday so I could ogle the ad.
Did you go out and buy the magazine? I've had a subscription to RS since 1987 but I rarely ever receive it BEFORE it's in the stores. You'd think that after 20 years they'd be able to get it to me on time. (Although, up until just a few years ago, they had my name down as Debbie Love. FINALLY, they changed it after like the tenth time I asked them!!)
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM,

Quote:Did you go out and buy the magazine? I've had a subscription to RS since 1987 but I rarely ever receive it BEFORE it's in the stores. You'd think that after 20 years they'd be able to get it to me on time. (Although, up until just a few years ago, they had my name down as Debbie Love. FINALLY, they changed it after like the tenth time I asked them!!)

Hi Debbie. Yes, I bought my copy at Barnes and Noble. It is sweeeeet, especially as RS is printed on a larger scale than EW.
Go Completely Wild!