Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christian sounding lyrics? - The Latest CDs lyrics
08-24-2016, 10:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 10:32 PM by FredZeppelin.)
RE: christian sounding lyrics? - The Latest CDs lyrics
I think it means that she gave her pastor a blowjob.
08-25-2016, 03:45 AM,
(08-24-2016, 10:22 PM)FredZeppelin Wrote: I think it means that she gave her pastor a blowjob.

You've been listening to Joes Garage too much Fred.  Big Grin
08-25-2016, 10:32 PM,
ha! cathOlick girulls!
08-26-2016, 03:54 AM,
(08-25-2016, 10:32 PM)FredZeppelin Wrote: ha! cathOlick girulls!

Brilliant LP that.   Tongue
08-28-2016, 11:20 AM,
(08-24-2016, 03:52 PM)freeresonance Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 04:20 PM)radiolover Wrote: It's, "He got religion and she got on a god, It's on her back and it's in his job. You cost lots of money, honey."

He got religion means just what it says, he suddenly became religious. She got on a god means she got hooked on a drug, which is why it's on her back, AKA the monkey on your back... Not exactly certain what it's in his job means, possibly he was doing something against his religion for work, and now it is a problem. And, finally, she costs lots of money, as does any junkie's habit along with the consequences it brings.

I would look to the line in "Downed" where he says, "You think of Jesus Christ...You'll walk on water, but don't bet your life." for a better assessment of how, at least Rick, feels about the subject. Basically saying, thinking about religion is ok, especially when you are down, but don't put much stock in it.

I am not saying I feel that way, but that when he wrote the song, he did.

actually, the lyrics are pretty much verbatim what i had originally stated:

"Then he got religion and she got a god
It's on her back and it's in his job
And it costs lots of money, honey- oh, no"

rick does not mention drugs at all, and it is pretty clear that he saying that the religion is on her back and costs lots of money.

regardless, it isn't necessarily biographical. who knows how rick really feels about religion?

My interpretation of that verse has always been that drugs are the religion and that he is a dealer (it's in his job) and she is a user (she worships what he's selling).

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?