CINCINATTI BENGALS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUPERBOWL XLVII
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM,
RE: SUPERBOWL XLVII
Could you move like that and sing at the same time? I think she did an a great job. If you are a Beyonce fan you got what you were looking for. A beautiful booty shakin' woman Smile I can't believe my husband was saying, is this over yet, during her performance!
Most of all, I am happy the Ravens won so we can live a happy life until pre-season Smile
If I could dream a dream with a happy end you'd be in it every night again and again.Heart
02-09-2013, 12:30 AM,
(02-03-2013, 08:57 PM)VikkiB Wrote: This is anything but a "super" bowl. The commercials are not even all that. And I think the halftime show is responsible for the power outage! Rolleyes

*rant off*

We will probably never know why the lights went out, but I suspect subterfuge.
I bet a bunch of heads rolled during that black out. First of all, (IMO) most of the commercials were lack luster, blah, boring AND inexpensive to produce (aka "The Economy") AND it seemed like they didn't sell all of the time slots, ie: lots of stretches of play with no commerical breaks. (also filed under "The Economy") and THEN, the 34 minute dead zone.
Clearly, there were no SOPs in place for handling down time: (how crazy is that?!) shouldn't they have had backup commercials to run "just in case" - even if they agreed to a substantially discounted price ahead of time?
Or how about throwing a bone to the local channels: put on a local commercial or even the dumb weather guy (or sports guy) saying whatever ("...full details after the game...").
DEAD AIR TIME....during the Superbowl????!!! OMG!!! Studio execs F-R-E-A-K if there are 2 seconds of dead air!! Station personnel can lose their job for seconds!
Really, quite! amusing!!
02-09-2013, 02:37 AM,
A friend lost his job at the NBC affiliate in Milwaukee because there was an equipment/cable issue at County Stadium and a couple seconds before Robin Yount's 3000th hit was not transmitted. The situation was not his fault but it didn't matter. Stuff happens. I will tell you, he felt horrible about it. Ouch...
02-11-2013, 02:46 PM,
That's all it can take: a few seconds of lost air time.
I wonder if the electrical computer system was hacked?
03-15-2013, 05:17 PM,
Bronco's, they just signed Wes Welker yesterday away from the Pats. Look out NFL the Broncs are pissed after the way last season ended.
~4 Kings with an Army strong~